``I am so glad I came to this workshop. It is one thing to know you aren't alone in how you feel but hearing real stories from real people makes that message really sink in. Thank you for an amazing workshop`` - Being Herd Participant, SA, July
“Hearing from other young people gives me an insight into how to cope with and better handle mental health and also allows me to see how to further help others who may need the help”<br /> - Student, Port Hacking High School, NSW
“I often feel like I need help to talk to friends about different things and having this presentation gave me some more good ideas. It’s really great, helpful and sort of gives me a reason to talk to any friends who concern me, thanks!” - Student, St John Paul College, VIC
``The stories were really inspiring and I now know I'm not alone and I will get through this with the right help``- Rochedale State High School, QLD
For all you number lovers, below is a snapshot of quarter three:
- 7 Being Herd workshops delivered in Sydney, Gosford, Canberra, Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane
- 53 young people now equipped with the confidence and skills to share their experiences with mental ill health with others
- 24 young people supported with one-on-one training to share their story in our structured school and university programs.
- 99 High School Programs delivered across NSW, VIC, QLD, ADELAIDE and ACT. So close to hitting the 100!
- 33 Uni Programs delivered at our University Partners ANU, UTS, USYD and UNISA
- A new batyr record was set! We ran 42 school and uni programs in a fortnight in September, that’s a whole heap of young people hearing how they can take charge of their mental health and support their mates.
New Australian first trial, 5 gala balls, students fund a program, uni students running 350km for mental health!
Behind the numbers are some incredible stories from our herd.