Position: University Manager – University of South Australia
(Full time, Adelaide Location)
The University Program Manager will be responsible for the implementation and growth of the batyr university programs. This role will be pivotal to the success and growth of batyr. The University Program Manager will assist in the direction of batyr’s core university programs nationally, and as such the development of the batyr University Team
- *Responsibility for the recruitment, training and ongoing health of the batyr Chapter within the University. This involves engaging with University students to establish a volunteer structure and leadership opportunity for students to drive programs and opportunities centered on mental health and wellbeing.
- *Responsible for the implementation, on-going development at a local level, feedback and evaluation of the batyr University Program.
- *Key stakeholder management within the University partnerships. Working closely with the University structures, including faculties, union, units, accommodation services, counseling services and students.
- *Recruitment of individuals onto Being Herd (speaker training) workshops.
- *Implement feedback processes for stakeholders.
- *Manage expectations and execute on commitments made in the University contract
- *Attend and/or present at conferences relating to the program and batyr.
- *The successful candidate will report to the University Programs Manager and, on request, will be required to present project and program updates to the CEO and team.
- *Additional projects as the CEO sees fit and as they arise within the growing organisation.
- *Active interest in tackling the stigma, in young people, around mental health as a well a desire to facilitate positive behavioural change.
- *Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills in order to manage the diverse tasks and interact with the varied constituencies involved in the program.
- *Strong relationship development and leadership capabilities.
- *Empathetic and positive
- *Outstanding communicator, both orally and written.
- *Desire and openness to develop and learn.
- *Innovative thinking & flexibility with an ability to follow plans in order to achieve long term goals.
- *Ability to work independently and report often with limited supervision to establish programs and the University Chapter team.
- *Current Working With Children Check.
- *Must be able to travel interstate.
- *Relevant tertiary qualifications.
- *An understanding of education and learning processes that enable the delivery of first-class programs designed to develop young people’s wellbeing.
- *CRM and intranet software experience (e.g. Salesforce, etc), MS office, OSX, etc.
- *Experience in program management and delivery, or, management experience in the private sector, preferably both.
- *Current Drivers License
You can see the full Job Description at batyr I University Manager UniSa JD I June 16
How To Apply
Send your cover letter and CV addressed to David Lt at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Description in the subject line by COB Monday July 4th
Position: Company Secretary batyr
(Voluntary, Sydney Location)
The Company Secretary holds primary responsibility for ensuring Board processes and procedures run effectively and efficiently as well as compliance with duties under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), ACNC Regulations 2013 (Cth), and any other relevant legislation. Company secretarial duties include: adequately preparing for meetings, attendance and undertaking allocated follow-up tasks, office and site visits as necessary, as well as being available for ad hoc discussions from time-to-time.
The Company Secretary is accountable to the Board, through the Chair, on all governance matters and reports directly to the Chair as the representative of the Board. All Directors have a right of access to the Company Secretary. In addition, the Company Secretary will provide assistance and guidance to the CEO as required and will work closely with the CEO on day-to-day administrative and management matters. On these day to day administrative and management matters, including the oversight and implementation of compliance programs and governance administration, the Company Secretary will report directly to the CEO, but has a right to raise any matter directly with the Chair if the need arises.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- *Legal Compliance
- *Arrange and Co-Ordinate Board Meetings
You can see the full Job Description at batyr I Company Secretary JD I June 16
How To Apply
Send your cover letter and CV addressed to Sam Refshauge at hello@batyr with the Job Description in the Subject line by COB Monday 4th July
Position: Program Facilitator
(Casual, Canberra, Sydney, New England & Newcastle)
Program Facilitators are responsible for the ‘on-the-day’ delivery of our batyr@school and batyr@uni programs.
batyr takes trained young people with lived experiences of mental health to schools and universities to share their personal story. The Program Facilitator’s role is to oversee and implement the delivery of batyr programs in an engaging and educational way. A key function of the Program Facilitator is ensuring a safe and supportive environment for the individuals sharing their story as well as the students attending.
The programs are focused around the engagement of young people and include discussions, team challenges, multimedia and video clips. This role requires someone who can engage and interact with young people in a dynamic and entertaining way, has a very strong ability to improvise and can confidently deliver sensitive material. Successful candidates should be able to think on their feet, have a strong ability to take on feedback and direction and adapt language and delivery to differing environments. Program Facilitators work closely with the Facilitator Coordinator on continued training and development.
- *Engaging young people in mental health education in large group settings
- *Representing batyr at local, state and national as a public speaker
- *Reviewing and developing the content of batyr programs
- *Supporting the administration and reporting of the program including data entry and report writing.
- *Liaising with key contacts on the session day where required (school teachers, batyr staff, university staff)
- *Work as part of a team with the batyr staff including the delivery of training workshops and other youth programs such as mental health forums.
- *An active interest in working with young people to tackle the stigma around mental health
- *A vivacious personality and a love for presenting and sharing stories
- *An understanding of education and learning processes that will enable the delivery of first-class programs
- *Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- *Outstanding communication skills, both orally and written, with presentation & facilitation experience
- *Positive vibes, you are a people person and are empathetic to the issues facing young people
How To Apply
Please send your CV and a short clip (30 – 60 seconds) to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Program Facilitator – (Your Location)” Your clip should tell us
- Who you are
- What you’re passionate about
- Why you want to be a batyr Program Facilitator.
Don’t stress at all over video quality – we just want to hear what makes you tick.
We are always looking for awesome volunteers to help us do what we do best.
If you’re interested in getting involved, get in touch with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you want to join the herd!